Every time Vadim comes to Vegas to visit me, I come up with an itinerary. I try to find activities that are physically, mentally and, sometimes even, spiritually stimulating. However, despite great "game plans" we usually end up chillin’. This weekend was no exception.
Once Vadim arrived at MacCarren airport, I immediately whisked him away to go see the Improv Comedy Show at Harrah’s. They have a series of rotating (no, they don’t spin around in circles) stand-up comedians that people have said are really funny. Plus, I got free tickets. We arrived in just enough time for me to get the maitere d' upset and give us seats at a table with 6 other very strange people. Out of the four comedians performing, Vadim liked the host the best. He had one very funny joke that everyone should ask Vadim to repeat. The headliner did a great job interacting with the audience. He would ask people their name and occupation and play off their answers. Most of the participants were good sports, but there was this one blonde that was so annoying she was funny. She had to be involved in every joke. If the comedian said, "Oh in Jamaica…" she would scream out, "I was just in Jamaica." Finally the comedian made her the joke to the audience and she stormed out upset…it was great!
Saturday morning was pretty much shot because I had to go to work, but even when I got back home, around 10:30 am, we still were lazy bums. We made our token visit to Costco, then got ready for our big night…the night we have been waiting for for 2 months. Not surprisingly, we were late for our dinner reservations at the Pari Eiffel Tower Restaurant (please read with a French accent). After unsuccessful attempts to bribe the valet man, we parked in self-parking and once in the hotel we were ushered up a private elevator to an exclusive dinning room that over looked parts of the strip. We had a very romantic French dinner including fois gras, rack of lamb and filet mingion, topped off with a soufflĂ© and wine. Then, we scurried over to Bellagio for the main event of the evening, "O".
We were a bit early for our 10:30 engagement, so we stopped in for a nightcap at the piano bar. Vadim continued the French themed evening by trying absinthe and I drank a glass of port (my fav after dinner drink). Not only was the absinthe colored like green NiteQuil ™ but it tasted like it too. However, it’s redeeming quality was the glass that it came in – a delicate glass that was shaped so perfectly it just fit in the palm of your hand. It was so delicate that later in the night I proceeded to break it…it was an accident, I swear!!
Once I stepped into the "O" theatre my little heart started to beat faster and I got so excited!! The array of flying acrobats, divers, synchronized swimmers, clowns and musicians was awe-inspiring. Me, being practically a virgin to Circe shows (I had only seen one other), could not help but wonder where they found so many talented people that could all fly through the air, swim through the water and dive into the depths of the pool. Vadim, knowledgeable as always, told me – Russia. Even the stage was a piece of artwork, which had platforms moving this way and that allowing different depths of water for the people to perform. Needless to say, I was definitely impressed.
My original iternerary had planned on gambling a little then heading over to the water park on the strip. Well, we made it to the gambling part and then stopped there. We played poker for the better part of 7 hours. Vadim broke even and I was ahead... at one time (final last words).
On the whole, despite the original plan, the weekend was wonderful like every weekend with Vadim. I just have to accept the fact that plans are not always followed nor should they be since veering from the path sometimes leads to more adventure.
No comments:
Post a Comment