Wednesday, December 13, 2006

And now there is one...

Hi all,

After Torres Del Paine we exchanged Mana (my roomate in Buenos Aires) for Marie (the French girl). Then, once we have reached Bariloche, Anjay, Marie and Fred have left. So now there is me... I leave Bariloche on Saturday to pick Vadim up on Sunday.

The cruise was good ... not great. We got poor weather so most of the scenery was hidden by clouds. The people were really nice and I´m now hanging around some Irish folks that we met on the boat. The biggest problem was that the boat was a freight boat as well and they were hauling cows. You can imagine the smell. The people on the bottom floor were woken up by moo-ing. On the whole it was beautiful and a very relaxing 3 days after loads of trekking.

Our stop on the bus was in Puerto Eden (see photo). It is the home of the last 8 indigenous people and it is an island with 'streets' of wooden platforms since it is always so wet, the ground is constantly swampy. It was nice to get off the boat and stretch our legs. The town was very .... quaint.

We instantly hopped on a bus for Bariloche and have been here for 2 days. It is the most beautiful place I have ever been in my life. It is the lake district of Argentina and everywhere is surrounded by brilliant blue lakes with snow capped mountains and load of wildflowers. No picture can do it justice.... but I did try.

I miss you all and I am looking forward to seeing my family here in South America!!


Puerto Eden








Bariloche




Bouldering in Torres Del Paine.

No comments:

Post a Comment